This turnkey control project encompassed automation of the 40 MW cogeneration (2 combustion turbine generators @ 10 MW: one 20 MW steam turbine generator) and 18,000 ton chilled water generation systems added to the Central Utility Plant. Scope of work included control system engineering, panel design, component procurement, panel fabrication, software design, Human-Machine Interface Configuration, system startup and commissioning, documentation and training.
Listed below are some of the highlights of the designed system:
- Complete controls and automation design for system installation, including control panel and field device coordination drawings.
- Off-the-shelf technology, non-proprietary system architecture
- Redundant workstations, controllers, and power supplies (minimizing single-point failures)
- Segregated rack I/O
- Extensive shop-drawing quality documentation
- Intuitive graphical user interface screens
- Purchase of required software and major equipment (PC’s, PLC hardware, Wonderware HMI software) for system development.
- Programming and configuring of the PLC logic for balance of plant systems.
- Perform start-up and commissioning of all control connected systems.
- Provide complete system documentation
- Provide on-site training to operations and technical staff as required.
- Web-based reporting system for production reports
- Historical archiving of all system points
- Engineered tuning parameters for drum level, furnace pressure, air flow, header pressure
- Improved availability and reliability of steam production equipment
- Eliminated need for control system maintenance/service contracts